Monday, May 13, 2013

Why I Hated Mother's Day

This weekend I had the honor of having an article published by Relevant Magazine on their website.
The article had been in my mind for several years, and I had a very strong desire to write it. However, I never felt that I was at an emotionally healthy place to write it. Finally, this year, I felt ready to put all of these raw emotions and feelings down for the public to view. I would go as far as to say that I distinctly felt God calling me to do this.

The pain that Mother’s Day can cause is a subject that is often not discussed, and I wanted to change that. I wanted to open Pandora’s Box… to allow that pain to flow out and let others know that they are not alone.

I pray that God allows this to speak to your hearts. Feel free to share with others.

http://www.relevantmagazine.com/life/why-i-hated-mothers-day

No comments:

Post a Comment