Friday, April 12, 2013

Update

I am the absolute worst at updating this blog... I know!!

So we are obviously home from Taiwan. Leaving Silas was the hardest thing I think I have ever done. He is the most precious little boy I have ever met, and we cannot wait to introduce him to everyone! He has the cutest little eyebrow dimples, and very expressive facial features. He is a total daddy's boy and just enjoyed chilling, being held by Steve or I. He is a definite snuggler!

While we were in Taiwan we absolutely fell in love with the country. It is beautiful, and the people there are so kind and wonderful. The above picture is during our day of sightseeing at Taroko Gorge.

On the Friday we were there we had our court date. We had the privilege of meeting Silas' birth parents, and we even got a picture with them that we will frame and put in his nursery. Silas looks just like his birth mommy. The court date went well, but after we got home the courts requested that we update our home study due to it being older than six months.

We met with our social worker, and have updated it. Now it must be translated, then we will need to go up to Chicago again to have it apostilled (authenticated). Then we send it to Taiwan and things can begin moving again.

Praying for patience, and for God's hand upon my little boy until he is in my arms again!

1 comment:

  1. Maria,

    You don't know me but you have met my daughter and I have met your son! They have a lot of things in common, including a heart surgeon and a crib. :) I'm so excited I found your blog! If you want to contact me, I'd love to get to know you. My email is ericawait12@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete