Friday, March 9, 2012

Mamaria's Italian Kitchen


Culture and heritage are important aspects of a person's life. It is important to hold onto the traditions, holidays, and aspects of your culture which make you unique.  I have the distinct privilege of being Italian.  Being Italian is so great.  It means good food, fun fellowship, and a couple of crazy aunts! My beautiful grandmother, Rosetta Marie Pisano, has passed down so much of our Italian heritage, and I am grateful for it. She is in the center of the included picture, surrounded by some of her family (yes... Steve is the only blonde in the family).

Growing up in an Italian household, pretty much every Saturday morning I would wake up to the wonderful smell of garlic, onion, tomato, basil, and oregano as my mother was making sauce.  She would simmer the sauce all day, and then put it in tuperware.  Every Sunday we would have spaghetti for lunch... literally every Sunday! It's these traditions that I hope to share with my children! I loved growing up in an Italian household (however loud and chaotic it might have been)!

In order to raise money for our adoption, Steve and I have decided to sell my homemade sauce, for which I have now perfected the art of canning. So if you would like to get a little taste of true Italian culture (and help us raise money to bring home our baby), please order some of Mamaria's homemade sauce!  You can call Maria (217) 898-1158, email her at mariagocke@yahoo.com, or order through facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MamariasItalianKitchen

Thank you for your help!!

No comments:

Post a Comment