Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Roe v Wade

Today marks the 40th anniversary of the Roe vs. Wade decision... a day that forever changed American culture. My heart is heavy today as I think of all of the live's lost... of those children.

As I think of these children, I cannot help but think of my own Silas... half the world away from me in Taiwan. In a nation where the abortion rates outnumber the live birth rates, I am so grateful for Silas' birth mom and the decision she made to give him life.

Taiwan is a nation approximately the size of Maryland and Delaware combined. It is estimated that Taiwan has between 300,000 and 500,000 abortions each year. In comparison, there were only 166,000 live births in Taiwan in 2010.

The statistics break my heart, but also bless me in that our son has an amazing momma who chose to give him life!

No comments:

Post a Comment