Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Love and Respect

So this past weekend Steve and I had the privilege of attending a Love and Respect Conference at our church. For those of you unfamiliar with Love and Respect, it is a resource for couples on strengthening your relationship. I am reading the book now as well, and it is such great information! The whole premise is that a woman's primary need from her man is Love, and a man's primary need from his woman is Respect. So many times we women get it wrong, and don't really take the time to show our men how important they are to our lives and how much we respect them for being the wonderful  men that they are. If you haven't read this book, I would strongly encourage you to do so. Then take the principles in it and apply it to your relationship. It's amazing!

Well last night Steve and I were driving home very late, and had a very long car ride. So we did something where we took turns speaking words of love and respect to one another... me telling him what specific things I respect about him, and him telling me what specific things he loves about me. Not only did this boost my confidence in knowing how much he loves me, it was also good for me to vocalize the things that I respected about him.

I would encourage everyone, over the next week, take 30-40 minutes and do this with your spouse or significant other. It will bring you so much closer together... I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment