Monday, February 27, 2012

Adding to the Gang!

The Gocke Gang is officially expanding!! In January, Steve and I began the process of adopting a baby from Taiwan!

As most of you know... adoption is something I am somewhat (**note understatement**) passionate about. So after a great deal of discussion... I have finally convinced my wonderfully rational husband that it is time for us to adopt a child.  After all, we've already adopted once (Spumoni).  I know, that's not even a close comparison.  Adopting a pet does not even come close to the significance or the amount of blood, sweat, and tears that adopting a child comes with. We've already begun the home study process, and I'm already feeling overwhelmed.  You might be confused.  I do home studies for a living... I should be completely prepared for it.  This is what I thought as well.  But when it's actually me sitting down and writing autobiographies and discussing my views on discipline, child-rearing, marriage, communication, etc... well let's just say it's a whole different ball game. Just please say a prayer for my poor social worker that I am probably going to drive into burn-out!

But we are so very excited!  I cannot wait to see what God has in store for our family, and where this road leads us! I've always know we would adopt a some point... and am so happy that we are actually in this process.  Children are such a blessing... and I know that this adoption process will be a learning and growth experience for both of us. I am looking forward to keeping up a blog, and documenting all of the details of adopting... from the viewpoint of an adoption worker!

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what the Lord does in your adoption story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. evie will have a sweet little cousin :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited! Looking forward to reading as you go through this process! Know that we are praying for you and are so excited to meet your little, precious gift from God!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited that we can take this journey with you my sweet adoption partner. I'm so excited for you and steve and can't wait to watch God move through this process. You are an inspiration to me. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete